Monday, September 20, 2010

Wanting to go back...

A photo of Maud's mother at Park Corner

Although I was so very glad to get "home" from my trip to Canada I am now experiencing the most intense desire to go back!!  I especially would like to see again the sleepy little town of Bedeque.  There is a sweet looking Bed & Breakfast there that seems to be calling my name.

It's strange that I did not feel bonded with Cavendish, and though I tried very hard, I did not even get a whiff of Maud there (except on the Cavendish Shore--but only slightly then.)

Food is a problem because I am vegetarian.  One really has to dine in Charlottetown when one is a vegetarian and visiting the Island.

What is calling me back there????

2 comments:

Therese Klopfenstein said...

I believe that this photo has been misidentified. It is not a picture of Maud's mother, Clara Woolner Macneill. The woman's face is different than Clara's and more importantly, her hairstyle and the style of dress are clearly from the 1890's, long after Clara's death.

Rosemary Osterhus said...

Theresa, Hi. Thanks for leaving your comment. This photo was taken directly from where it was hanging on a wall at the Campbell House at Park Corner, As you can see at the top of the photograph it was clearly labeled as Clara Montgomery. I do agree that it looks nothing at all like other photos of Maud's mother. I will try to research further. Rosemary